App – [v1.15.0]

In this release, we have updated the development dashboards; our dashboards are much closer to what we intend for the initial release. We have also added support for partial transfers and transfers.

Added

  • We have added the ability to transfer an item/expense from one resource to another.
  • We have added the ability to enter partial transfers for expenses.
  • We have added new and improved dashboards to all levels of the site; we show much more information than before, no longer just the total count/cost.

Changed

  • We have updated our roadmap; we have decided to expand the initial offering.
  • We have added a banner to the top of the site when it is in development mode; we will need to start locking partially developed features due to their scope—being able to see the site mode will hopefully help to reduce errors.
  • We have simplified the menu; we don’t need duplicated options in the App menu when there are on-screen controls.
  • We have tweaked the mobile layout; add, edit and delete controls are more visible and consistently positioned.

App – [v1.14.1]

In this release, we fixed several small bugs and made some tweaks. The next release will focus on the dashboards, so we wanted to clear the decks.

Changed

  • We have updated the pagination parameters helper; we have added the ability to override the default pagination limit and offset.
  • We have updated our cache management class; we can now optionally clear the cache for summary routes.
  • We have updated the confirmation messages for items; the confirmation messages will correctly refer to the item type.
  • We have updated all the API class fetch functions; we have added an optional parameter to force the local cache to be clear before a fetch.
  • We have reviewed the cache keys we clear after API POST, PATCH and DELETE requests.
  • We have tweaked the summary blocks again; we are slowly getting the design right.
  • We have moved the delete confirmation buttons; the buttons will be above the fold.

Fixed

  • We have fixed the pagination on the item detail pages; the pagination controls were non-functional.
  • We have fixed an issue with the create allocated expense form; the copy item logic was throwing an error.
  • We have fixed an issue with the copy functionality; two values do not get populated on the form.
  • We have fixed an issue with the create forms; we are passing an incorrectly formatted date to the date fields.
  • We have updated the summaries when a resource has no items/expenses; the last updated date incorrectly gets set to 1st Jan 1970.
  • We have corrected a couple of views within the App. We were assuming types of data would exist when they won’t for new users.

App – [v1.14.0]

In this release, we add the final missing piece for the base of the App, categories management.

Added

  • We have added an overview page for resource type categories; the overview page acts as the base for all category and subcategory management.
  • We have added the ability to create categories and subcategories. When creating a subcategory, you are not required to assign it to the category you selected initially.
  • We have added the ability to delete categories and subcategories. If you are unable to remove a category, we add a message detailing the number of dependant subcategories and linked items/expenses. We provide similar information for subcategories.
  • We have added the ability to edit categories and subcategories. 

Changed

  • We have tweaked our request and cache classes; in some instances, we were making a redundant call to the cache table.
  • We have upgraded our App to the latest version of Laravel v7.
  • We have upgraded our server environment to PHP 7.4.

Fixed

  • The description for some required textarea fields referred to them as being optional.

API – [v2.10.2]

In this release, we fix a few small issues and tweak a few things. While we were tweaking, we updated the API to Laravel 7.

Changed

  • We have updated all item endpoints to return `updated`; this is the date and time an item was updated, not its category assignments.
  • We have updated item collection and show endpoints; we are going to allow the possibility of items not having categories and subcategories. When you add the `include-categories` and `include-subcategories` parameters to a request, we will not exclude items without category assignments.
  • We have updated the API to the latest release of Laravel 7.
  • We have updated the front end dependencies for the welcome page.
  • We have updated the `item-types` route to show additional information on each tracking method.
  • We have updated all decimal fields to 13,2 rather than 10,2.
  • We have updated all description fields; we have switched all the description fields from varchar(255) to text.

Fixed

  • We have corrected a bad link on the landing page.
  • We have corrected a typo on the landing page.
  • We have switched the table we look at to return created at for an item; we should be using the sub table, not the base item table.
  • We have corrected the `/resource-types/` OPTIONS request; `public` is not a required field.